To help protect from community-associated infection of COVID-19 transmission to residents of our facility, at the advice of our Medical Providers,
at this time we will be prohibiting visitors from entering the facility as we are making every effort to protect our residents and your loved ones.
Frequently Asked Questions
- We recommend visiting from 8am until 8pm, after that time we lock our doors as most residents are asleep. But you are welcome to visit 24 hours a day. Please call in advance for after-hours visits to ensure access.
How do I find out about activities provided for the resident?
- We strive to create social programs and individualized activities to match the capabilities and needs of each resident. This also has a powerful impact in the healing process of those residents involved in some type of rehabilitation. Specific activities include: active resident councils, musical performances, current events update, reading the newspaper, singing exercises, fitness activities, stretching exercises, religious meetings, outside entertainment, games, trivia, history, and volunteer involvement. We also strongly encourage families to participate with the residents in various activities. See the News section on our home page for upcoming events.
A monthly calendar is posted to keep residents informed of upcoming events such as birthday parties, movies, musical programs, outings, candlelight dinners, ice cream socials and other special events. We always welcome friends and families to visit and attend our special events.
What role does Social Services play at Pinnacle Rehab & Health Center?
- Our social service team assists both residents and their families during transitional periods. They also provide essential information, manage requests and concerns, help in care and discharge planning for each resident. They can arrange professional services for: Dental, Vision, Podiatry, Audiology, Power of Attorney, Dementia assessment, Psychosocial and Psychiatric Evaluation, and Individual therapy.
How is the laundry done? Can family members take laundry home?
- Should you wish to have Pinnacle Rehab & Health Center wash the laundry please notify the front office upon admission. Subsequently, if a family/care giver is going to take care of the laundry at home, please let the nursing station know your plans. This way, the staff can place a sign on the closet door notifying our housekeeping staff to leave the clothing for family pick up. We request that family provide a hamper for clothes and pick it up twice a week.
All personal clothing is washed in an industrial washing machine at a temperature of 180 degrees. Make sure your loved ones' clothing is appropriate for washing and drying in these hot temperatures. Avoid bringing clothing that requires cold or warm water, special care, or is subject to damage and fading. All clothing must be labeled. Please label the clothing with the resident's name, NOT the room number or initials. Mark clearly and in large letters on the inside neckline or waistband. All items must be marked including socks, shoes, and other personal items.
What articles of clothing should we bring?
- We recommend approximately five changes of clothing and a pair of comfortable rubber-soled shoes. All articles should be washed, clearly labeled with resident's name in permanent ink and entered into the residents' personal inventory log in the medical chart. Other personal items should be marked or engraved for identification. We advise that residents do not keep valuable jewelry or large amounts of cash in the facility.
Is there a limit to the number of people who can visit at one time?
- Although we do not have a formal policy stating visitation guidelines, we suggest using the common areas of the facility to meet with your loved one. If it is not possible to visit in one of the common areas, we suggest a limit of one to three people in a resident room at one time.
Is there any private space available to use?
- You may reserve the activities lounge for any special events (birthday, holidays, meals) with notice.
Can children visit?
- We encourage children to visit, however, we ask you to alert the charge nurse to anyone visiting the facility under the age 12.
Can we bring a family pet to the facility?
- We would love for your family pet to come visit. Please remember to clean up after them and take the proper safety measures at all times. All pets are to be kept on a leash and should have all current vaccinations.
How often will a physician or health professional visit?
- Physicians generally see residents upon admission and once every 30 days thereafter. However, our nursing professionals are in constant contact with all of the physicians that visit the facility. Some insurance companies require that physicians visit more often. Check with our nursing staff for further information.
We deliver the most advanced rehabilitation and specialty care available with compassion and enthusiasm.
We care about providing the highest quality of care for every loved one.
Let us help you make an informed decision about the best care for your loved one.